Saturday, June 5, 2010

Women's Unity Retreat Workshop

I had the immense pleasure of giving a yoga workshop at the annual Women's Unity Retreat just outside Annapolis, MD this weekend. Despite a week of debilitating illness, I pulled myself together enough to get my butt to the retreat and it was so worth it.

The retreat is a women's only 3-day event and two friends have attended several years running. Getting an invite to participate in this empowering and unique experience was such an honor.

Though our plans to hold the event indoors (with air conditioning) were foiled due to noise and activity in the main hall, we made due on the basketball court and worked with the blistering heat...nothing like a little sweat to get the energy flowing!

The challenge for me was catering to a wide range of yoga experience (from none at all to fairly practiced) and a wide range of physical abilities in a large group of about 25 while offering a rewarding, rejuvenating hour that fit everyone's needs.

Overall, it was such a great time. All of the women were so welcoming! My voice was only running at about 40% from being sick, but as with all yoga, we made the best and found alternatives to all of the hiccups we encountered.

I had so much fun sharing my passion for movement and I hope I brought a few moments of peace and joy to this wonderful weekend.

I have to thank H and E for helping me with set-up and packing the car with a bazillion yoga props before and after the event and I hope to hear from some of the attendees in the near future.

As workshops go, it was a success - I got such heartfelt feedback at the end that I know it was well worth everything that went into it.

And...it is one more step on our road to realizing Caya...

*Many thanks to the Women's Unity Retreat for embracing me in your special time.

No comments: